All you must do is use simple HTML to format the text in your comments. It might take some minor getting used to, but trust me, it is simple. Below is some basic formatting, with some extra stuff like quotes detailed in the Disqus help docs link below.
- To make text italic, use <i> at the beginning of the text you want to put into italics, and </i> at the end of the text you wan't to put into italics. Example: This comment text is in italics
- To make text bold, use the <b> tag. At the end of the text put the closing tag </b>. Example: This comment text is bold
- To make a piece of text bold and italic, use <b><i> and </i></b>. You can interchange the two, as long as you use the proper closing tag first. Example: This comment text is bold and italic
- To make a piece of text underlined, use the <u> tag. </u> is the closing tag. Put this at the end of the text. Example: This comment text is underlined
- To put a strike though the text, use the <strike> tag. Put </strike> at the end of the text you want to put a strike though. Example :
This comment text has a strike though it.
If you need more formatting tips, as well as additional HTML tags you can use in comments, go see this post from the Disqus help docs.
Let me know of your thoughts/questions below.